PATIENT PRIVACY NOTICE
Puerto Vallarta Medical Center S. de R.L de C.V. (the "Hospital Vallarta Medical Center"), with address at Avenida Los Tules number 136 Col. Gustavo Díaz Orgaz C.P. 48310, in Puerto Vallarta Jalisco, is responsible for the use and protection of your personal data, and we inform you of the following:
For what purposes will we use your personal data?
The personal data we collect from you will be used for the following purposes that are necessary for the service you request:
- To provide you with the medical care you require in accordance with the policies of the Vallarta Medical Center Hospital, to integrate your medical records, to comply with the rights and obligations acquired through the Contract for the Provision of Hospital Services, to share your data with your treating and interconsulting physicians, who are independent professionals at the Vallarta Medical Center Hospital and who have assumed responsibility for your diagnosis, prognosis and treatment, to transfer different religious communities, to provide information to family members and friends located in the waiting room.
- Additionally, we will use your personal information for the following purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but that allow us to provide you with better service.
- Send you information about the services offered and other information related to Vallarta Medical Center Hospital.
- If you do not wish your personal data to be processed for these additional purposes, from this moment you can inform us of this by sending an email requesting the cancellation of this service to email@example.com
Your refusal to use your personal data for these purposes may not be a reason for us to deny you the services and products you request or contract with us.
What personal data will we use for these purposes?
To carry out the purposes described in this privacy notice, we will use the following personal data:
Date of birth
Name, address and telephone number of any family member you designate as responsible family member and with whom we can contact you in case of emergency; if applicable, your policy number and other information related to the medical expenses insurance you have contracted.
- In some services, photographs or videos will also be taken and integrated into your clinical record in order to keep a record of your progress or the treatment provided by these means.
In order to fulfil the above mentioned purposes, the following financial data will be collected if necessary:
Bank Account Information
If you pay for services by check, we inform you that the check must be made payable to Puerto Vallarta Medical Center S. de R.L. de C.V.
- In addition to the personal data mentioned above, for the purposes informed in this Privacy Notice we will use the following personal data considered sensitive, which require special protection:
Religion, current health status, past and present conditions, hereditary and family history, symptoms, relevant pathological history, health history, in some cases, sensitive personal data such as sexual preference and genetic information may also be treated when required for proper medical attention (this last data is for clinical diagnostic studies that you or your treating physician have requested).
With whom do we share your personal information and for what purposes?
We inform you that your personal data may be transferred inside and outside the country, in accordance with the purpose of the treatment of the data and the legal nature of the relationship between you and the Hospital Vallarta Medical Center, to insurance companies with whom you have contracted a policy and to third party payers, for the purposes of payment that may apply, as well as to friends and family members who request the room number in the reception area so that they can visit you and to volunteers of the religious community to which you belong, provided that you request spiritual assistance in the Admission area.
How can you access, rectify or cancel your personal data or oppose its use?
Vallarta Medical Center Hospital has formed a Privacy Committee through which you may request the exercise of your ARCO Rights, which consist of access to your personal data, rectification, cancellation or opposition to their processing for specific purposes, as well as the revocation of the consent granted for the processing of your personal data to the extent permitted by law, with the Privacy Committee being responsible for following up on your request and responding to it within the following 20 (twenty) working days. The Privacy Committee will also carry out your requests to limit the use or disclosure of your information. To this end, we would like to provide you with the e-mail address of the Privacy Committee of Vallada Medical Center Hospital firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to exercise your ARCO Rights and/or revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by Hospital Vallada Medical Center, we would be grateful if you could submit a request ("Request for the Exercise of ARCO Rights") to the Privacy Committee at the following e-mail address: email@example.com with the following information:
1. Name, full address (street, inside and/or outside number, neighborhood, zip code, city and state).
2. Identification with which you can prove your personality (INE credential, valid passport, professional card or immigration document).
3. In the event that the holder does not submit the application, the document that proves the existence of the representation, i.e. a public instrument or power of attorney signed before two witnesses, together with identification of the holder and the representative (INE credential, valid passport, professional card or migration document).
In the case of underage youth , the documents to prove their legal representation will be: birth certificate and credential with a photograph of the minor (the one granted by the academic institution where they attend), IMSS credential, valid passport, or any other document that has a photograph of the minor, in addition to presenting the documents for their respective comparison, the signature of the document that will be attached to the application as "proof of legal representation" in which under protest of telling the truth, it states that it is responsible for the minor.
In the case of restraining orders, the documents used to prove legal representation shall be: the restraining order and a credential with a photograph of the person who holds this legal status, whether it be an INE credential, a valid passport, a professional card or a migration document.
4. A clear and precise description of the personal data in respect of which you are seeking to exercise any of ARCO's Rights, the right to exercise it and the reasons why you wish to exercise it.
5. Any document or information that proves that your personal data are the property of Vallarta Medical Center Hospital.
6. In case of requesting a correction of data, please also indicate the modifications to be made, nicknaming the documentation that supports your request.
The Privacy Committee will respond to your request by e-mail or in person at Avenida Los Tules number 136 Col. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz C.P. 48310, in Puerto Vallada Jalisco, within 20 (twenty) working days of receipt of your request. If the Request is appropriate, the response may be sent via e-mail or in person. Vallada Medical Center Hospital may request, in order to provide you with an answer, that you submit for verification at the above address, the original of the documents that you submitted with your Application, within the five (5) business days that are required. If the above documents are not submitted after this period, the Application will be considered closed.
When the Application is appropriate and the corresponding checks have been carried out with respect to the personality and ownership of the ARCO Rights, the terms for responding will be as follows:
- For access to or rectification of data: within 15 days from the affirmative response of the Privacy Committee, For cancellation or opposition of the data: In the first case, the personal data will be blocked, from the moment that the required documentation is checked, where access to the personal data will be restricted to any person until there is an answer to the request, whether affirmative or negative, in the first case within 15 days from the affirmative answer made by the Privacy Committee and in the second case, the data will be unblocked in order to continue with the processing.
The terms referred to in the previous paragraphs may be extended only once for an equal period if necessary and upon prior notification by the Privacy Committee.
Vallarta Medical Center Hospital may deny the exercise of ARCO Rights in the following instances:
- When the applicant is not the holder of the personal data, or cannot prove the holder's representation, When his or her personal data do not appear in the database of the Vallada Medical Center Hospital, When the rights of a third party are infringed, When there is a legal impediment or the resolution of a competent authority that restricts his or her ARCO Rights, In case of cancellation, When the personal data are the object of treatment for the prevention or for the medical diagnosis or the management of health services and When the rectification, cancellation or opposition has previously been made.
The Refusal may be partial, in which case the Hospital Vallada Medical Center will make the access, rectification, cancellation or opposition in the appropriate part.
The exercise of the "ARCO Rights" shall be free of charge, but in the event that two or more applications are submitted in a period of less than twelve months, the costs shall be three days of the Minimum General Wage in force in the Federal District, unless there are substantial modifications to the Privacy Notice that trigger new Applications for the Exercise of ARCO Rights. The applicant must cover the justified costs of postage or the cost of reproduction in copies or other formats.
How can you limit the use or disclosure of your personal information?
In order for you to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, we offer you the following means: Your registration in the Public Registry to Avoid Advertising, which is in charge of the Federal Consumer Protection Agency, so that your personal information is not used to receive advertising or promotions from goods or services companies. For more information on this registry, you may consult the PROFECO website or contact PROFECO directly.
In case you wish to revoke or refuse your consent for your personal data to be used for secondary purposes (for marketing purposes, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you be aware of changes to this privacy notice?
Vallada Medical Center Hospital reserves the right to make modifications or updates to this privacy notice at any time, which will be made known to you personally or through the publication of a notice in a visible place and/or on the website www.vallartamedicalcenter.mx
The Privacy Committee of Hospital Vallada Medical Center will immediately inform you of any breach of security that occurs at any stage of the processing of your personal data that significantly affects your financial or moral rights, by e-mail or telephone call requesting an appointment to explain what has happened so that you can take the measures you consider necessary to defend your rights.